Thursday, April 18, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday [17] - Hanging with an Author


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature is: Words Fueled by Love
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: If you could hang out with any author (living) who would it be and what would you want to do?


These questions are always hard, but this one especially so because there are too many authors that I adore.

Harry Potter World in Orlando
I would be thrilled to hang out with J.K. Rowling as I know a lot of you probably would be. Personally, I think that she is a genius able to craft intricate worlds and not just stories. She puts so much into every detail, cataloging things that don't even make it into the books...so much so that she could answer every question the rabid fans threw at her.

Since this is my daydream, I would want to check off another item from my bucket list and tour the Warner Bros. Studio in London. How amazing would it be for her to be the tour host on such an outing? My son and I have already gotten to visit Harry Potter World in Orlando.


Harry Potter World in Orlando
Anyway, realistically she probably wouldn't want to just talk Harry Potter since she's been immersed in it for years so we would more than likely eat lunch at a small cafe, maybe take a train ride and just gab for a while about upcoming projects and what it's like being a writer.

Others that I would love to hang out with just eating and gabbing are: Robyn Jones (a great friend made through blogging that it would be fun to see in person), Kim Harrison, Jennifer Armentrout, Marissa Meyer, Julie Kagawa, Ilona Andrews, Rick Riordin...and so many more.

20 comments:

  1. I'd love to meet JK Rowling, even if it was just for a second!

    Hopping by from #FF

    New GFC Follower, Follow Back?
    MY #FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love the pictures of you and your son in Orlando! I've never been to Florida, but that would be so much fun. And hanging out with you over food and great conversation would be a fantastic day! I saw Kim Harrison in a book talk (online) and she's so funny. I doubt I would be able to talk about J.K. Rowling, but I would be set with just listening to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica@a GREAT readApril 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM

    Nice! JK would definitely be an awesome pick! Even thought of hanging out with her at the Harry Potter world park! Have met Kim a couple of times, mostly in Chicago when I've convinced my mom to make the drive! JLA I've met at RT the past 2 times I've went!! Awesome picks!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much trouble answering this week - I think I did a cop-out in the end :D

    Old follower stopping by, here's my FF post. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JK is going to be so busy with all the visits she is going to be making! I didn't think of Jennifer Armentrout but that'd be fun as well! I'm a new follower :)
    My Friday post

    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's way too difficult to choose just one author! JK Rowling is an awesome choice. She's really inspiring starting out as a struggling single mother and working her way up to being one of the richest writers out there. And she is crazy talented on top of all of that!


    The other authors you mentioned I'd love to hang with, too. Especially Robyn Jones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. Here is my F&F: http://two-tall-tales.blogspot.com/


    I'm a new GFC follower please follow me back

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rowling is a great choice. I would choose Ilona Andrews (the couple)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, a second would be enough for me too :D Thank you so much for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you :D Oh so jealous that you got to see Kim Harrison like that. If we are ever close, we need to hang out. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Extremely jealous that you have met Kim and JLA!!! I really would like to go to RT. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are too many great authors that I would love to hang out with. I understand this one being really hard to answer. Thank you so much for stopping by :D Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right?!? I figured a lot of people would like to hang out with her. I think Jennifer would be a blast to spend time with too. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know, there are way too many great ones that I admire. I saw that movie about J.K. and think she has come so far. I have a ton of respect for her. You should come hang with Robyn and I sometime. I would love to be able to do that :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's an excellent choice. They are on my list as well :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like fun, I hope on going to Orlando and visiting the Harry Potter World in September, we're still planning for it. I'm sure the one in London would be amazing! I've been saying this for like the past month or so, I do want to read the books, but I feel like it would take me longer with each one, so I'm waiting until I have less books to read. There are tons of great authors, and she is amazing, but I don't think she's done with Harry Potter, you could probably talk about it, I mean if she were tired of it, I don't think she'd be working with Pottermore. I don't know who I'd choose, so many, I agree about meeting Robyn in person, Veronica Roth, Melinda Metz, Nicholas Sparks, Marilyn Almodovar, James Dashner.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had so much fun in Florida. It was my favorite trip yet. We went for Zane's 9th birthday and on his birthday he got to see actual actors from the Harry Potter film. The Weasley Brothers, Luna Lovegood, Mr. Weasley, and a whole lot more were there. It was so much fun. I hope you have a good time when you go. She is amazing, and you are right about Pottermore. I am on there. Zane and I both got put into Hufflepuff house. I'm so glad you would like to meet Robyn too. I think we should all get together sometime and have our own book club meeting in person :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, we should! That'd be so much fun.

    I think I got gryffindor, I haven't been on in a while

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to come hang with you guys! It'd be a blast! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!