Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teaser Tuesday [16] - Just Junco




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.

Clutch (I Am Just Junco #1) by J.A. Huss


Teaser:

"Is that how ya treat someone who saves yer life? Shoot them?"

I snort. "Saved my life? I must have missed that one while I was sleeping."

"Except ya weren't sleeping, Junco. You were unconscious."

Clutch - Just Junco #1 - by J.A. Huss
Goodreads Summary:

How long can you lie to yourself before it all comes apart?

In 2152 the avian race is on Earth looking for something stolen from them decades ago – their genetics. At the center of the search lies the Rural Republic; a small backwards farming country with high hopes of military domination and a penchant for illegal bioengineering.

19 year old Junco Coot is the daughter of the Rural Republic’s ranking commander. She’s the most foul-mouthed, wildly unpredictable and ruthless sniper the Rural Republic has ever trained. But when her father’s death sparks a trip into forbidden places, she triggers events that will change everything she knows to be true.

As an elite avian military officer, Tier’s mission is to destroy the bioengineering projects, kill Commander Coot’s daughter, and return home immediately. There’s just one problem. Junco isn’t who she claims to be.

With no one to trust, not even herself, Junco must confront the secrets of her past and accept her place in the future, or risk losing herself completely.

CONTENT WARNING The I Am Just Junco series is NOT YOUNG ADULT. This series contains foul language and graphic violence.

15 comments:

  1. Jessica@a GREAT readMay 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM

    Ooh nice tease! Haven't heard of this series!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I hope you're loving Junco & Tier as much as I do, Jaclyn! I think Junco is definitely unique! :) That's a great teaser, too. It makes me want to re-read the book. The final book in the series releases in December and I'm gonna have to re-read them all over again before then. ;) Thanks for sharing Junco!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one, but sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds like something I would enjoy. Come see my teasers for Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne and SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! Junco sounds like a really cool character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She has been so far! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like it too. Thank you very much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been great so far. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I've been enjoying it so I hope you give it a try. Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So far it's been awesome. Thank you so much for the chance to get to read them!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you like! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is new too me. Sounds pretty good. Great teaser. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the teaser, the writing reminds me of the knife of never letting go. I'll check this one, I hadn't heard of it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! I think I picked this one up as a freebie one day. Do hope you are loving it. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!