Friday, August 23, 2013

Sidekick Showcase [38] - Law Enforcement


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

August Themes:
August 31st - Living Dead

This week is Law Enforcement

My choice is Falin
Alex Craft Series by Kalayna Price


I've only read the first book in this series so far so I don't know where this character goes fully yet, but I really like him. Falin is a law enforcement officer that helps Alex solve her problems in the first book Grave Witch. I couldn't do a picture of him because I don't have a good enough image of him in my head. I know to me he seems blonde, tall, and good-looking, but that's really all I have. He is really mysterious in the beginning, and Alex isn't sure why he is hanging around or if he is good or bad. He ends up helping after a while so even if he is hiding a lot, he is helpful and she solves a lot due to what he has to offer. I found out some of the secrets that he kept by the end of this story, but I feel like there are more to learn in later books. He is a love interest of Alex's and I'm also wondering which way she'll go with that because he seems like a great book boyfriend as things get pretty steamy with them. I wanted to spotlight him because even though I've only read the first in this series, I think this series will be one of my favorites and this character has a lot of potential. He's proud, loyal, mysterious, strong, good-looking and great at his job.

Quotes:


Grave Witch-
“Well,” he said, “I’m glad to see you’re finally taking some precautions, but you weren’t this tense when I dropped you off last night.” “But you were this annoying. At least one of us is consistent.”



Grave Dance-
I blinked at the haul. "Are you planning to go to war? Sure you don't want to pack an assault riffle as well?"
He looked up from the bag. "You have met yourself, right?"
"So should I get a gun too?"
"I'd fear the day.”



Grave Witch-
“No bit of tail ever comes between you and Prince Charming. He must have entranced you."

"Prince Charming?" Falin asked, the question barely a whisper. "What did you think PC stood for? Politically Correct?”




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Hehe, liked the quotes. I really liked Dolph from the Anita Blake series, but you don't see him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those quotes Jaclyn! But this is yet another series I haven't started yet - you have such a bad influence on my, because you make me want to read the all right this minute.



    And you know how much I enjoy books with humor, and just in the few quotes you shared here, there is plenty of that, I especially like the one about the riffle :) It had me snickering out loud.


    Thanks so much for hosting us again this weekend, Jaclyn, it's always so much fun to participate! Have a spectacular Saturday. *hugs*


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quotes, Jaclyn! This is a series that's been on my TBR - but, of course, I still haven't gotten to it. :) Falin does sound like a great character. He and Alex seem to have one of those relationships I love to read - with snarky back & forth...love it!


    I have 2 questions for you...first, do YOU find yourself sucked into the book(s) when you're looking for quotes?!? OMG - I end up spending quite a bit of time re-reading! LOL And second, I have a gravatar now and I'm STILL now showing up. Any suggestions?


    Happy Saturday, Jaclyn! I hope you and Zane have had a great week and that y'all enjoy the last weekend before school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look! Now I'm showing up!! Yay! LOL You can disregard my second question. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes, I haven't started this series yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I liked him a lot too! Thank you so much for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a lot of good humor in this series. I promise since you're enjoying The Hollows so much, this is definitely one you will want to try. I know the first one is all I've read, but I'm so looking forward to all the rest. It's an excellent urban fantasy series :D I hope you've had a wonderful Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely get sucked back in to books when I look at quotes. Some times are worse than others depending on how recently I've read it. I think I have the hardest time with The Hollows and The Kate Daniels series because I could literally re-read them over and over again. I hope you are having a great weekend! Zane and I have been at a pool party for the last 2 days LOL. So glad you're gravatar is showing up now :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it if you get to read this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked that you chose someone you're still getting to know. Also pretty cool to get some insight into your artist mind. I didn't know how you go about creating your drawings. I've seen this series on the shelves so many times and haven't jumped in yet, but I like this Falin guy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!