Friday, October 25, 2013

Sidekick Showcase [47] - Witch of the Night


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

We are doing creatures of the night Sidekick Showcase themes for this month to celebrate Halloween. So for the whole month the choices should be witches, wizards, vampires, ghosts, ghouls, zombies, monsters, and the like!

For the whole Month of October, we're doing Creatures of the Night.

My choice is the White Witch
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Jadis - The White Witch picture created by Jaclyn Canada
Jadis, better known as The White Witch in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and sometimes called The Queen of Narnia, was one of my first favorite baddies growing up. She's a character that I appreciated where I realized that it's ok to like the bad guy just for being really good at it. She's so good at being cold and heartless. She wants power and she's not afraid of doing whatever it takes to get it.

When little Lucy Pevensie finds herself in Narnia met by a Faun, she is terrified to find out that the faun is in service to an evil witch that has proclaimed that all humans be handed over to her. Mr. Tumnus wasn't able to bring himself to do this which sparks the rest of the action in the book. Lucy finds out that The White Witch has turned Narnia into an endless winter and that Santa is no longer allowed to visit. But what makes her really scary is her ability to turn you into stone. I cringed when she brought Edmund over to the dark side with some Turkish Delight and convinced him to betray his siblings. I admit that The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe is the book out of the series that I remember the most, but I did read and enjoy the whole thing.

Quotes:

"You know, Aslan, I'm a little disappointed in you. Did you honestly think by all this that you could save the human traitor? You are giving me your life and saving no one. So much for love. Tonight, the Deep Magic will be appeased, but tomorrow, we will take Narnia forever! In that knowledge, despair... and die!"



"If its a war Aslan wants then its a war he shall get!"




"I have no interest in prisoners. Kill them all."



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. I only saw the movie but I agree. She is great at being a bad guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought of The White Witch, Jaclyn. And I don't know why not...she scared me silly when I was young and first read Narnia! I think she was my first real brush with a scary evil person. Excellent choice and a lovely representation of her!


    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the movie :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a good villain for young readers! Scared the mess out of me too :D Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have a fantastic weekend, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this series, but you know I watched the movies. The White Witch is dang scary. I was so upset when she lured Edmund.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice, Jaclyn! I loved this series when I was younger, and I'm hoping one of my kids will pick it up so I can do a re-read and discuss it with them :)


    I haven't posted my Sidekick post yet... I wanted to go with Al, but he's been mentioned so often lately I need to be a little more original :)


    I hope your weekend is great!


    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. The movie was so good too. I loved the whole series and Zane is reading it now and really liking it. I really hated the part when Edmund was lured too :( Thank you so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zane is reading it right now. I got him the series for Easter last year, and he's been checking them out at the library at his school as well. I can't wait to see who you choose :D I hope you had a fantastic weekend, Sweets!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!