Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [57] - Party Animal


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

For the rest of the month of January, we should choose characters that we love, but have that one thing that they should definitely set a New Years Resolution for...that one flaw that they need to work on that maybe is even resolved in the series as the character grows. What do you all think about this topic? Sidekicks in need of Resolutions...

If you haven't stopped by my Blogaversary Giveaway, Please Do! I haven't had time yet to reply to everyone or visit everyone back, but I have read all the great comments and will spend tomorrow visiting everybody.


This week is Party Animal

My choice is Andrea Nash
Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
Andrea Nash picture created by Jaclyn Canada

Andrea is five foot two (my height!) of pure strong, independent woman awesomeness. I know Kate would have to have a friend by her side that can hang, and this one does. OK, so I haven't read Gunmetal Magic yet which is her story, but I really want to. I'm so intrigued by her character, there are so many layers hiding underneath that I just know that I haven't even scratched the surface of yet, and I want to understand what makes her such a mystery. I chose her initially because she has the guns blazing, let's rock this attitude that I really love. Oh, and the animal part is literal. The Party Starter quote was a bonus since I haven't read Gunmetal Magic yet, I didn't even know about it ;)

Quotes:

I gave him my Order smile: sweet grin, hard eyes, reached over to my passenger seat, and pulled out my submachine gun. About twenty-seven inches long, the HK was my favorite toy for close-quarters combat. The rider's eyes went wide.
"This is an HK UMP submachine gun. Renowned for its stopping power and reliability. Cyclic rate of fire: eight hundred rounds per minute. That means I can empty this thirty-round clip into you in less than three seconds. At this range, I'll cut you in half." It wasn't strictly true but it sounded good. "You see what it says on the barrel?"

On the barrel, pretty white letters spelled out PARTY STARTER.

"You open your mouth again, and I'll get the party started."
The rider clamped his jaws shut.”



“I was a knight," Andrea said. "I'm not just going to start shooting every dickhead who mouths off to me."
"Just making sure."
"Besides, if I shot him, I'd do it so nobody could trace it back to me. I'd shoot him somewhere remote, his head would explode like a melon, and they would never find his body. He would just vanish.”



“You’re touching me,” I chided him.
He caressed my back, sliding his hand down, hitting every sensitive point I hadn’t even known I had. “No, this is touching you. That was just accidental contact.”
“Oh? Good to know. If you touch me again and I break your arm off, you can be sure it will be completely accidental.”



“No, really!” Desandra nodded. “Okay, so most guys don’t have a nice ball sack, right? It looks all hairy and wrinkled like some small animal died between their legs, but Gerardo’s is like two plums in a velvet bag...”
Derek, who’d been lingering in the doorway, took a careful step to the left behind the wall and disappeared from my view.
Kill me, somebody. I raised my hand. “Hold that thought. I need to borrow Andrea for a minute.”
I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the hallway. Behind us Raphael growled, “Don’t leave me!”
Andrea leaned towards me. “Plums.”
“Listen...”
Andrea raised her hands, imitating holding plums the size of small coconuts, and moved them up and down.”



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I just finished Gunmetal Magic and now I have to read it all over again because of those quotes. You're killing me! Andrea is such an awesome character. I'm so happy for Kate to have a friend like her (I know that sounds like I haven't drawn a line between fiction and the real world). The drawing is so her expression, pretty, lethal, sharp sense of humor. I hope you have a great weekend, Jaclyn!


    Oh, I love the party animal...animal turn of phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love Andrea, not sure if she is a party animal, but she is an animal, hehe. You will love Gunmetal Magic, We really got to understand her more. She is vey much like Kate but more emotional, which is kind of nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love Andrea!! You're absolutely right that Kate would have to have a friend like Andrea. It takes someone like Andrea to hang with Kate! :) Gosh, I really need to read some Ilona Andrews soon...I love their brand of humor. All their characters are amazing! And your drawing of Andrea rocks!


    Hope you're enjoying your weekend, Jaclyn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I really like her. I wanted to feature her even if she didn't fit all the way. I'm looking through your emails and saw a post about songs :D Gotta check it out. You know I love music!! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's kinda fitting a square peg in a round hole this week, but I gotta do what I gotta do. She's so awesome, I had to share her...she wouldn't leave my head to make room for anyone else so I just went with it LOL. I can't wait to read Gunmetal Magic. I'm making time to read it this month or next for sure. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of their characters and humor as well. I'm jonesing for an Andrews read so I'll have to pick something up soon :D I hope you are having a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!