Friday, March 28, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [68] - Unlucky


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

Sidekick Showcase March - Oscars and St. Patty's Day Topics: best dressed, biggest drama queen, red head, lucky, Irish, Saintly, ect.

For April? I'd like to ask you guys for some topics. I'm out of ideas at the moment so I could really use your help!

My choice is Jace
Mortal Instruments - Cassandra Clare





So Jace is a Shadowhunter that Clary meets at a nightclub in a harrowing scene. Without giving the story away, I'll just say that Clary gets close to Jace, Isabelle, and Alec by fighting baddies with them and learns more about herself along the way. Jace is cocky and handsome, but so skilled at fighting demons that he's earned the arrogance a bit. Every time this kid gets a break, something else is happening to knock him further back. Not only that, but things get worse and worse each time. I'm really hoping there's a happy ending in store for him somehow.

Quotes:



“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”



“Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.”




“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.”



“Don't order any of the faerie food," said Jace, looking at her over the top of his menu. "It tends to make humans a little crazy. One minute you're munching a faerie plum, the next minute you're running naked down Madison Avenue with antlers on your head. Not," he added hastily, "that this has ever happened to me.”

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Awww, poor Jace. I never got into this series but I do know a little of what you mean with just the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I hope something good comes Jace's way. Man, the rotten luck. I love the quotes. I thought he was the best part of the movie. I want to read this series even though I watched the movie first. Bad blogger girl!


    I'll think on sidekick ideas. Oh, the theme song challenge for April is silliness. Silly lyrics, video, title, anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, he has been pretty unlucky. Do you know if they are going to continue with movies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I did feel pretty bad for him. If it's not monsters, it's some secret. If it's not some secret, it's girl trouble. He can't catch a break!


    I like Robyn's suggestion (even if it's for the theme song challenge ;) ). Silliness sounds like a fun topic! Silly or outrageous characters? Also, how about Easter Eggs in other novels? I know a few books (Sarah Dessen, Janette Rallison, Morgan Matson) which have cameos of other characters in their novels (I think that's considered an Easter Egg? LOL).But that might be a little hard though...
    Hope you have a wonderful week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not agree with you more on this choice! Jace has had a really, really tough life, and I've found the last 2 TMI books hard to read because of everything that happened to him. I'm so excited about City of Heavenly Fire; I'm with you in hoping he gets a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember you saying that you weren't planning on going any further than the first book. You did get to see some of his bad luck in that one though. It just hits again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love silliness! I really like Angie's idea for joker as well. I think we should stick to those. I have some good ideas for songs. I'm going to put mine up Friday probably.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do! City of Ashes is filming this year :D It's currently in development. I'm happy that they are doing the movies. Oddly enough, I laughed quite a bit through the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right! He's got it tough. I can't wait until he has a nice happy ending. He BETTER have a nice happy ending LOL.


    I love Robyn's suggestion and Angie's too :D I think we should go with silly, joker, prankster, comedic relief, outrageous, and the like for April. I think you should absolutely do an Easter Egg one. I don't know if I could find a character that fits that bill, but I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! They were so rough to get through, and then the WAIT for another one. Argh! I definitely hope City of Heavenly Fire comes through for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I read this last weekend, Jaclyn but I can't remember if I was able to comment (thru G+) or not. Ugh! Anyway, Jace is rather unlucky, poor guy. I adore this series though! I couldn't come up with anything last week (week before last now). Of course, my brain took a holiday over spring break! *ha*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! Hummm ideas for posts?? Maybe in April do a Joker?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and read every one of them! Since they are an award in themselves, this is an award-free blog. Thank you though for the consideration!